Are you planning a bathroom renovation and wish to install the best sanitary ware? Do you have a quite smaller space for a bathroom and need the right sanitary ware that will provide space? Well, you are probably unaware of the back-to-the-wall toilet suites and their far-fetching benefits. While there are several styles of sanitary ware available in the market, it is not easy for anybody to choose the right one.
When you choose the one for your needs, you might want to know the various styles available or the varying designs available. There are back-to-the-wall toilets, wall-hung toilets, high-level toilets, as well as close-coupled toilets. All these styles are available in the market in a plethora of designs. However, knowing the differences between the various styles helps you make the right decision. Here is a complete guide for you to know more about back-to-wall toilets and what benefits do they offer.
- What is a back-to-the-wall toilet?
The simplest meaning of back-to-wall toilet bunnings is that the back of the user will sit against the wall when he or she sits on the toilet seat. Upon entering the cubicle, the user will have the toilet pan. However, the cistern that holds the flushing water will remain invisible in this setting. In simple words, a back-to-the-wall toilet is the one where the toilet pan fits against a piece of furniture or the wall and a cistern (concealed one) provides water to the user for flushing.
- Things to consider for buying toilet :
Before you buy a new toilet for your home, you need to consider certain factors. Let us go through these factors to help you make informed decisions for your home.
- Look if your bathroom is traditional or a modern one. Determining the style of the bathroom will help you choose an urban toilet suite that enhances the aesthetics of the bathroom space. If your bathroom is a traditional one, you may want to choose a design that goes well with the rest of the bathroom. Contrary to this, a modern bathroom demands a trending design and some contrast colours that will enhance the aesthetics of the space.
- The next thing to take into consideration is the space available in the bathroom for your toilet. You must opt for space-saving toilets if you have a smaller bathroom, but you can choose from a range of styles & designs if you have a large bathroom.
- Do you plan to perform back-to-wall toilet installation in the same place as the old toilet or are you planning a new layout for the toilet? You may have low installation costs if you install the toilet in the same place. However, the costs for installation will be higher if you are planning to install it in a new position as there will be additional plumbing work.
- The budget plays a crucial role in determining if you can install a particular type of toilet or not. If you have a small budget, you better install the toilet in the same place as the old one. If you have a large budget, you might try experimenting with the looks and layout of your bathroom and change the position of the installation of the new toilet.
- Reasons to choose back to wall toilet:
The biggest reason why most people prefer to choose the best back-to-wall toilet rather than any other style of toilet is mainly that it offers an illusion of a bigger cubicle and space appears quite bigger.
- Some people opt for this type of style because it provides a chance to prevent accidental damages or tampering in the long run.
- When you expose the cistern like that on the traditional domestic toilets, you get to damage or remove the moving parts.
- These types of toilets look smart and sleek for a small bathroom space.
- A back-to-wall toilet maintains the aesthetics through its simple design within the entire wash space.
- Other features:
While back-to-wall toilets don’t have cisterns, there should be some arrangement to allow water for flushing to flow. So, in most cases, it remains within a false wall called a ducted set.
- The duct set conceals all the cistern and pipework within it.
- This gives rise to an Integrated Plumbing System, also called the IPS.
- You need to buy a WC furniture unit and a concealed cistern separately when you plan to buy online back-to-wall toilet suites.
- You must take proper care to ensure that the cistern access is available not only before the installation but also after the installation.
- One can easily remove the panels that conceal the cistern with the help of a special tool or key.
- This makes the maintenance of this toilet simple while also protecting the washroom from accidental damages or vandalism.
- Benefits of back to wall toilets:
- As a black back-to-the-wall toilet unit comprises an IPS system, there are reduced surface areas of the cubicle. This is mainly because one gets a small protruding toilet pan and four flat wall surfaces. This design makes it easier for the user to clean the washroom.
- This type of toilet is of significant value when you use them across museums, colleges, schools, and universities.
- They have fewer moving parts visible.
- Back-to-the-wall toilets require very little maintenance in comparison to the other types of toilets.
- These toilets prove to be a better option than close-coupled toilets.
- Offers a fit and modern look.
- Allows the user to make minimal use of the floor space.
- A fit look because of concealed pipework and cistern that provide easier cleaning and neat finishing.
To Wrap Up:
This is a complete guide on back-to-the-wall toilets and how they prove to be an ideal choice for smaller bathrooms or people with a smaller budget. They definitely, go well with the style of the bathroom whether traditional or modern. However, the benefits that these toilets serve and the reasons because which people choose these toilets are convincing enough to install these toilets in the bathroom of your home and enhance the aesthetics of the space.